Follow Me On
Dr. Ahmed Yakub Kalebi, OGW
MBChB (UoN), MMed Path (UoN), FCPath (SA) Anat Path, FCPath (ECSA)
Specialist in General/Anatomical Pathology, and Lab Medicine; Madly in love with Pathology, Medicine, Science, Integrity, Innovativeness & Inspirations.
Award-winning Trailblazer & Pioneering Entrepreneur in Pathology & Lab Medicine in Kenya/EA, recognized globally.
PhD research student in Public Health aspects of Lab Med at the University of Cape Town from January 2022.
Independent Consultant Pathologist as from May 2021 under own Specialist Practice License KMPDC registration no. A4889 with own duly incorporated private limited company ‘Ahmed Kalebi Consultancy’‘.
Founder Entrepreneur & Retired Group Managing Director/CEO/Chief Consultant Pathologist [2009 – April 2021] at Pathologists Lancet Kenya & Lancet Group of Labs – East Africa, the largest & most prominent internationally accredited lab network in Kenya & the region.
Presently on a planned sabbatical / career break for dedicated time to family as a Husband, Dad-GrandDad, focusing on self-care, pursuing new knowledge & seeking self-actualization for future impactful innovative ventures.
Honors & Appointments
- Honorary Lecturer [2015-2022], Department of Human Pathology, University of Nairobi.
- Hon. President [2015-2022], International Academy of Pathology – East Africa Division (EADIAP).
- Member of the Board of Directors of various private-for-profit & not-for-profit organizations including Independent Medico-Legal Unit (IMLU) & Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO).
- Founding Steering Committee Chairman & now Council Member of the College of Pathologists of East, Central & Southern Africa (COPECSA).
- Founder Trustee, HAIBA Foundation in Kibra
- Former Chairman of Madraasatul Falah Kibra Society.
- Patron of Gogo Boys FC, a grassroots soccer team from Kibra slums founded & registered with Football Kenya Federation (FKF) in 2014 starting from Sub-County League rising through four levels now playing in FKF National Div 1 under the mantra of #PlayingForChange as part of youth reforms initiative in Kibra.
- Son of a Nubian mother; Husband to my sweetheart, best friend & personal manager (Kamari); Father to 4 lovely tribeless children now maturing as young adults (AminatuZahra & Shafiq) or growing up fast to adulthood (Hamid & Marjan).
- Grandfather to my daughter’s son Ahmad, born June 2020.
- Proud of my roots from Kibra slum in Nairobi & Proudly Kenyan.
- Top 40 Under 40 Men – Business Daily 2011.
- Presidential Award of the Order of the Grand Warrior of Kenya 2021