Follow Me On
Dr. Ahmed Yakub Kalebi
MBChB (UoN), MMed Path (UoN), FCPath (SA) Anat Path, FCPath (ECSA)
Independent Consultant Pathologist
Specialist in General/Anatomical Pathology, and Laboratory Medicine; Madly in love with Pathology, Medicine, Science, Integrity & Inspirations.
Award-winning Trailblazer & Pioneer Entrepreneur in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in Kenya and East Africa, recognized globally.
Independent Consultant Pathologist as from 1st of May 2021 under own Specialist Practice License registered & licensed by the Kenya Medical Practitioners & Dentists Council (KMPDC) registration number A4889 with duly incorporated private limited company Ahmed Kalebi Consultancy Limited under the Registrar of Companies Reg. No. PVT-6LUKLEZA presently inactive while on the planned sabbatical / career break for dedicated time to family as a Husband, Dad-GrandDad, focusing on self-care, pursuing new knowledge & seeking self-actualization for future impactful innovative ventures.
Founder Entrepreneur and Retired Group Managing Director/CEO & Chief Consultant Pathologist [2009 – April 2021] of the Lancet Group of Laboratories – East Africa, which is the largest and most prominent internationally accredited laboratory network in Kenya and the region – encompassing Pathologists Lancet Kenya Limited with its subsidiaries as Lancet Laboratories in Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Honors & Appointments
- Honorary Lecturer [2015-2021], Department of Human Pathology, University of Nairobi.
- Hon. President [2015-2021], International Academy of Pathology – East Africa Division (EADIAP).
- Member of the Board of Directors of various private-for-profit and not-for-profit organizations including the Independent Medico-Legal Unit (IMLU) and United Nations Global Compact Network in Kenya.
- Founding Steering Committee Chairman and now Council Member of the College of Pathologists of East, Central and Southern Africa (COPECSA).
- Founder Trustee, HAIBA Foundation
- Former Chairman and current Trustee of Madraasatul Falah Kibra Society.
- Patron of Gogo Boys Football Club, a grassroots soccer team from my home base in Kibra founded and registered with Football Kenya Federation (FKF) in 2014 starting from Sub-County League rising through four levels now playing in FKF National Division 2 under the mantra of #PlayingForChange as part of youth reforms initiative in Kibra.
- Son of a Nubian mother; Husband to my sweetheart, best friend & personal manager; Father to 4 lovely tribeless children who are all growing up fast becoming young adults.
- Grandfather to my daughter’s son born June 2020.
- Proud of my roots from Kibra slum in Nairobi & Proudly Kenyan.
- Top 40 Under 40 Men – Business Daily 2011.